How to Post Your Event on the
Dear Women in the Arts & Media Coalit,
Support Women Artists Now Calendar
March is Support Women Artists Now/SWAN Month, and we hope you will join in the celebration by posting an event on our SWAN Calendar.
You are welcome to post any kind of arts or educational event that features women artists, including online events. The idea is to show the world the full power and diversity of women's creativity.
Please Note: It should be easy to upload your information. If you can't load your information after a couple of tries, please contact us. The problems are often simple things that we can solve for you.
Posting Your Event - A Step By Step Guide
1) Go to the SWAN Calendar on our website. You will always be able to find the calendar from the large button on the center of our home page, or from the SWAN Day drop-down menu at the top of every page at WomenArts.org.
2) Click on the "Post Events" link at the top right of the SWAN Day Calendar page. This will take you to the online instructions for posting an event.
3) Create Your WomenArts Account - You will need to log into our system in order to post or edit your event. Click on the "create your account" link in the third paragraph of the instructions. The program will take you to a page where you can create your user name and password. Please note that your user name and password must both be at least 8 characters long and they can only contain letters and numbers. They are not case sensitive.
4) Click on the "Add New Event" link - Once you have created your account, you will be taken to a page where you can select a link in the menu at the top of the page that says "Add New Event." This will take you to the page where you can enter your event information.
5) Fill in the event information form that you will see after you click Add New Event.
6) Fill in the spam-checking "ReCaptcha" box at the bottom of the form. This box will ask you to fill in two words to verify that you are a human and not a spam robot. If you do not see this box, try using a different browser to fill in the form. If you still don't see the ReCaptcha box, please contact us for assistance.
7) Click "Create Event" at the bottom of the event information page. You're done!
Your event will be visible on the calendar as soon as you click "Create Event." If you make a mistake or want to add more information at a later date, you can always log in again, and click the link at the top of the page that says, "Edit Event". You will be taken back to the form where you entered your event information.
Volunteer At A
SWAN Reading by
If you don't have time to organize a SWAN event of your own, but you would like to be a part of someone else's event, browse through the SWAN Calendar in the coming weeks and look for the events that have a red asterisk (*) on the bottom line of the description box. If the event has an asterisk, it means the organizers are looking for volunteers.
Some groups are looking for artists to participate and some are looking for ushers and other help on the day of their event. If you see an event that you would like to be a part of, please use the contact information in the event listing to contact the organizers.
Make A Gift to
If you like the work that WomenArts is doing, please consider making a contribution. Gifts of every size will be deeply appreciated!
Uploading Photos - Please upload a photo if you have one. Note that the photo must be a .jpg or .png file, and that it cannot be larger than 200 KB. For the best-looking results, crop your photo to a square shape before you upload it.
Try a Different Browser - If you can't upload your event, try using a different browser to see if that solves the problem.
Check Your Browser's Security Settings - Most people are able to use the SWAN Calendar and WomenArts Network without making any adjustments to their browsers. However, if your browser's security has been set for maximum protection, you may need to make an adjustment to "allow cookies" from WomenArts.org or add us to your list of "trusted sites."
In order to keep track of your entries in our system, our software needs to store a small text file (called a "cookie") on your computer. If you try to create a SWAN event or a WomenArts Network profile and our system does not let you save your file, it probably means that your computer is not accepting our cookie file. You can usually find information about adjusting these settings by Googling "cookie settings" with the name of your browser (i.e., "Internet Explorer cookie settings").
Updating Your WomenArts Network Profile - You can use the same user name and password to create or update your WomenArts Network profile. Just go to the WomenArts Network section of our site, and click on the links at the top of the page that say "My Account" or "Create Profile" and our program will lead you to the form where you can enter your information.
Everyone Is Invited to Celebrate SWAN Day!
Support Women Artists Now Day/SWAN Day is a grassroots "do it yourself" holiday, and everyone is invited to join us in honoring women's creativity. If you need more information about ways to participate, check out our Get Ready for SWAN Day 2015 blog post>> There are no fees or application forms required to participate in SWAN Day. If you decide to create a SWAN event or if you are doing any event in March or April featuring women artists, we invite you to create a free listing on our official SWAN Calendar. We will be featuring SWAN events in the WomenArts Blog and newsletters over the next three months. If you want us to write about you, creating a listing in the SWAN Calendar is the best way to let us know about your event.